Does your Son or Daughter want to get their first JOB? Do they know how to write a resume? Do they know what to wear without losing their identity? DO they know what to say at a job interview? Do they know what questions to ask? Do they know how to open a bank account, fill out a tax form? … NO?… We’re here to help!
NUU is a program & conference series designed to assist youth to gain “Real World” skills.
Our School Program Explores:
- Writing a resume; what counts as experience and showcasing their innate skills in the best light.
- Finding referees; who can vouch for you.
- How to approach employers; in person and online.
- Online applications – how to navigate them, what to write.
- Preparing for a job interview; what to wear, what to say and not say in an interview, how to follow up.
- What to do when they’ve got the job; opening a bank account, getting a TFN, finding out work conditions and how much pay is.
- Financial responsibility – saving money, budgeting, money management . Financial intelligence leads to confident and secure adults. (skills not taught in schools)
If you would like to know more about the NUU project and how you can get involved, click here to contact us at OPOP or fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Some of our Supporters